The Midland GXT 1050VP4 walkie-talkies are one of the best walkie-talkies on the market today, especially for outdoor usage. They have excellent range and battery life, are weatherproof, support weather channels and alerts and come with a vehicle charging adapter and two hands-free (VOX) capable headsets.
Continue reading our Midland GXT 1050VP4 review if you want to know more about these excellent two-way radios.
Experiencing the great outdoors is a chance to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy the serenity of nature without the hassle of electronic gadgets that consume our daily lives. However, there is a degree of remoteness that no person wants to experience. Being stranded in the woods with no cell reception can be frightening, which is why for a true outdoorsman, a two-way radio is a must-have.
In terms of technological advancements, two-way radios have made significant strides since the days of playing with walkie-talkies in the backyard as a child. One of the most reliable walkie talkies on the market today is the Midland GXT 1050VP4 two-way radio.
The Midland GXT 1050VP4 two way radio comes standard equipped with a 22-channel radio (with 28 additional channels) which makes it convenient to pick up others radios in the area even if you are alone. All 22-channel radios are designed for General Mobile Radio Service, so you have access to other points of contact even if you are having trouble locating your own party. In addition, the radios have a range of up to 36 miles to ensure that you have the freedom to roam without the fear of being completely cut-off from human contact.
In terms of visual appeal, these radios come in a rugged, weatherproof Moss Oak Camo finish that makes them the perfect accessory for a hunter, as it blends in perfectly with the natural surrounding of the environment and provides a durability that can withstand a fall from a tree stand or any other drop. In addition, the casing is waterproof, which allows it to withstand any light rain or splashing that might occur.
The features that come equipped with these walkie talkies are the defining elements that make them an exceptional radio for a hunter.
– The NOAA weather radio/alert/scan allows you to sync to your local weather radar in order to determine if weather conditions are unstable. Users can also receive alerts regarding other weather elements that might prevent visibility such as a dense fog advisory.
– The silent operation coupled with a whisper function ensures that while you are lining up your scope for the perfect shot, your prey isn’t spooked by the noise of an incoming call. Similarly, the whisper feature allows you to talk softly while still being able to be heard clearly.
– The direct/group calling feature allows a team to communicate at one time on their own private channel.
– The animal call alerts vibrate and/or beep when an animal is close at hand giving you a chance to prepare yourself for visibility of your target or escape from unwanted predators if you are in danger. The five alerts are for turkey, duck, crow, cougar, and wolf.
– The SOS siren allows you to instantly alert others if you are in grave danger and need help immediately by providing locator signals that will help others find you in a matter of minutes.
– The Backlit LCD screen increases visibility whether it is night or day.
– The eVOX hands-free options allow for ease of communication, as it does not require an external microphone.
– The 142 privacy codes help you block other conversations by providing up to 5560 channel options.
With all of these features, it would stand to reason that the battery life of these devices might be drained fairly quickly, but surprisingly, that’s not the case. Because they come complete with a battery life extender, the battery charge lasts for up to eight hours ensuring that you can get a day’s use out of them before they need to be recharged. Each handheld device requires four “AAA” batteries for use, but they also come complete with drop-in charger capabilities.
In addition to having countless features and a long battery life, the Midland GXT 1050VP4 two way radio is also very light, and easy to handle. Weighing just under five ounces and measuring at only 9.8×2.5×1.8 inches, this device is the perfect hands-free, hassle-free, accessory to a hunter who is already weighed down with gear, ammunition, and a weapon.
This product comes with a three-year standard warranty on parts and labor. Midland Radio Corporation agrees to pay for any repairs or replacement including shipping in so long as the damage is not a result of misuse, unauthorized repairs, water damage, or use of unauthorized accessories. In addition, there is a 90-day warranty on all accessories that come with the devices including antennas, batteries, chargers, or headphones.
When you purchase a product manufactured by Midland Radio Corporation you can be assured that you are getting a high-quality communication device that has stood the test of time. In business for over 50 years with affiliates all over the globe, Midland first became a household name in the ‘70s when it began creating CB radios and other household electronics. Since that time, it has become a leader in the industry of wireless communication devices and has created a brand name that users have trusted for years including governmental entities such as forestry and public safety.
Standard packaging for this product includes a pair of radio devices, a desktop charger, belt clips, rechargeable batteries, a pair of headsets, an AC wall adapter, a vehicle adapter, and an owner’s manual.
Liked our Midland GXT 1050VP4 review? Share it with your friends!
We've create a buyer's guide that will tell you everything you need to know to buy the perfect walkie-talkie.