The Midland LXT600VP3 two-way radio is a solid product that will not disappoint when it comes to battery life and quality of sound. This is a great product for the price and is perfect for using outdoors, for example, while hunting.
Continue reading our Midland LXT600VP3 review if you want to know more about these excellent walkie-talkies.
With so many walkie-talkies on the market these days it is not easy to choose the right one for prospective buyers. It is difficult to see what makes one walkie-talkie more suitable than the next.
In the end, the average person who uses a walkie-talkie for hunting or other outdoor activities is looking for a simple device that will assist in communication without costing a fortune. This is precisely what you will get with the Midland LXT600VP3 36 Channel GMRS Radio.
Midland LXT600VP3 36 Channel GMRS Radio with NOAA Weather/ All Hazard Alert includes a pair of walkie-talkies, a dual desktop charger, rechargeable batteries and grants reception up to 30 miles. It is also chock full of features including weather and hazard alerts, five alerts, 36 channels, and the ability to use an external jack. The external jack is also compatible with other Midland walkie-talkie headset models (AVP-1 AVPH1, AVPH2, AVPH3, AVPH4, and AVPH5) which increases the versatility of this product.
– The NOAA weather alert feature enables a user to get updates regarding weather conditions that might pose a threat to outdoor activity.
– The All Hazard Alert feature allows users to stay up to date with emergency situations such as Amber alerts, power plant warnings, and fire or landslide issues.
– Includes 22 GMRS Channels with 14 extra channels for a total of 36 channels.
– The backlit display feature provides optimal visibility whether it is day or night.
– The Extreme range feature grants up to 30 miles of coverage when conditions are favorable with no obstructions.
– The Hi-Lo power setting feature allows users to conserve battery life.
– The 121 Privacy Codes feature prohibits interference.
– The Key Pad Lock feature enables the device to stay in lock mode and adds an element of security.
– The eVOX feature allows for hands-free operation with three various levels of voice activation.
– The Battery Life Extender enables the batteries to last six hours or more.
– The Drop-In Charger capabilities provide an instant charge at times when the batteries have been depleted.
– The Roger Beep feature enables users to hear a beeping sound as soon as the other person has finished speaking, which makes communication between parties much more effective.
– The Auto Squelch feature provides a mechanism for an instantaneous silencing of noise and interference. This becomes particularly important to game hunters as the need for immediate silence can be a game changer.
– The water-resistant outer shell provides protection from any accidental splashes or rainfall. It does not protect the device from being submerged in water, which is why it is important to always use a belt clip when you are near a large body of water.
One of the most notable features of this radio is that it allows for the use of three AAA rechargeable batteries, as opposed to the traditional lithium batteries of other walkie-talkies. This means the batteries, which typically last up to six hours, can be easily recharged. Just throw an extra pack of batteries in your hunting bag and you will never find yourself in a situation where you are unable to regain power.
The Midland LXT600VP3 two-way radio is a popular radio because of the affordability and simplicity of its functionality, but it’s also a customer favorite because it is small enough to be inconspicuous but large enough to use with ease, making it the perfect device for an adult or even a younger child. These radios are easy to handle, as each handheld weighs just over a pound, and at only 11 inches in height and 3 inches in width, it fits perfectly in your hand.
Like other Midland products, these devices come with a standard three-year warranty on all parts and labor. With such an extensive warranty buyers can be certain that they won’t end up stuck with a product that won’t work in time. Most three year warranties are reserved for products that are hundreds of dollars or more, but Midland offers the same warranty on these devices even though they typically only cost between $50-$75. This means a buyer will definitely get his money’s worth during the three year time period.
This product comes equipped with a pair of radio devices, a desktop charger, belt clips, AC adapter, rechargeable battery packs, and an owner’s manual.
Liked our Midland LXT600VP3 review? Share it with your friends!
We've create a buyer's guide that will tell you everything you need to know to buy the perfect walkie-talkie.